Microsoft Outlook is the best personal information manager i.e., email program used these days by professional users. The Outlook info will be stored in its database file that is, PST and OST file. The Offline Storage Table (OST) file fetches Outlook attributes like emails, tasks, contacts, calendar items and more when system is online, and then store these data in local exchange server. Using OST file, user can perform all email related stuffs even when they are offline, and then synchronize the altered data with the exchange server when they connect next time.
Though, OST file is not an important file, also you no need to keep a backup of this file. But sometimes, if Outlook .ost file gets corrupted, then you will be in big trouble i.e., you will lose your precious data which is needed to synchronize with the exchange server. The Offline Storage Table may get damaged due to various reasons, and once it becomes orphaned, then you will not be able to access it, and fetch data from it. So, in such cases, you can make use of the most advanced and highly ranked conversion tool like Convert OST to PST software. This utility is specially designed to help user whose Offline Storage file is corrupted as it efficiently assist users in converting OST to PST file and fetch all the data from broken OST file. But before proceeding with this conversions process, know the causes for OST file corruption;
- The OST file has a maximum size with respect to its Outlook version. But, if this size limit gets exceeded/overload, then there is a chance that you may lose some info from it. Also, oversized OST file gets easily corrupted and becomes inaccessible which inturn make you lose your valuable data from it.
- The external threats like virus, Trojans, malwares, etc., also plays a major role behind .ost file corruption i.e., if the Offline Storage file gets severely affected by harmful virus programs, then it becomes unreadable and you may face different errors when try to open it.
- As said earlier, OST file gets corrupted if it gets oversized. So, to reduce the size limit, you may use a third party tool to compress OST file. But during the compression method, if something goes wrong, or if you follow wrong procedure, then there is a chance that OST file turns into bad file and you may lose access to it.
- Offline Storage Table also gets damaged during the synchronization process i.e., while synchronizing the file with exchange sever, if some obstacles/interruption takes place like sudden turn off of system, connection loss, etc., then there is a possibility that OST file becomes inaccessible and you may lose info from it.
- Damaged drive or bad sectors on hard disk can also corrupt the Offline Storage file, and as result of this, you will not be able to perform read or write operation on it, also fetch required data from it.
Power surge, incompatibility, abrupt Outlook termination, exchange server upgradation, damaged header, etc., are other causes for Outlook OST corruption. However, you just don’t have to be tensed about these causes as by using Convert OST to PST program, you can easily get to know about how to convert OST file to Outlook PST file within a short period of time.
Remarkable features of Convert OST to PST Software
Convert OST to PST is an award winning tool which has been suggested by industry professionals for converting OST to PST file. This excellent application is far better than the other competing tools. It has the ability to convert Outlook OST file to PST which has been created on different versions of MS Outlook such as Outlook 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and 2000. It has potential to repair a severely corrupted OST file, and then convert it to a healthy PST file. By utilizing this prominent Outlook OST to PST conversion tool, you can even repair and convert password protected Offline Storage file. This best OST to PST converter supports various versions of Windows operating system such Windows 7, XP, 8, Vista, Windows 2008 and 2003. Along with conversion process, it also recovers Outlook’s data including emails, calendar, notes, contacts, appointments, etc., with their original folder structure.
Follow the steps for converting OST to PST file
Step 1: After launching the application, select “Find OST File” among “Open OST File” and “Find OST File” option if you are unaware of the exact location of OST file.
Step 2: From second screen, find OST file which needs to be converted using “Find” option, then click on “Next” button to proceed further.
Step 3: Now, you need to choose the location where you want to save the converted OST file using “Browse” option, then click the “Convert” option to start the conversion process.
Step 4: After the conversions process, click on the “Finish” button to terminate the process.